The salary and bonus is the most critical part of a trade life.
If you want to become a commodity trader, you are money-driven. Let’s be honest, I’ve never heard any of my fellow trader friends say: “Oh, I would do this job even if I wasn’t paid.”
Salary and bonus are the ultimate performance scale!
To conduct this analysis, it took us six months, and we’ve gathered data about a bit less than 80 commodity traders. So I won’t say it’s statistical evidence. However, it gives a good look.
Additional notes :
- The highest starting salaries are on average in Switzerland.
- The lowest starting salaries are on average in Continental Europe.
- We’ve also seen a pretty low entry salary in London, which makes no sense in comparison to the city living cost.
- The lowest salaries for the 7+ experienced trader are found in Continental Europe.
- The salaries from the lowest to the highest in the following : Continental Europe > USA > UK > Singapore > Switzerland. It makes sense if we take into account the living cost.